2. You think about it a lot more than you're willing to admit. Sometimes, you envision passing the next level as you are trying to fall asleep.
3. You are shocked to discover roadblocks in your path. No one ever mentioned needing tickets to get to the next level!
4. As things get harder, you find yourself more and more determined to "win." But, winning becomes simply passing the next hurdle. You lose sight of the end goal.
5. You watch your friends breeze past you, and you wonder what they know that you don't.
6. You start to google hints for getting past your current level. Surely, someone, somewhere, has the answer!!!
7. You try any and every strategy someone suggests for passing the next level, no matter how ludicrous or far-fetched it seems.
8. You start to resent people who brag about passing levels that are so far away from yours, it seems impossible to ever reach them. You learn to hide those annoying Candy Crush updates from your Facebook feed.
9. You begin to wonder why you are still playing this game at all. It's not fun anymore, you are hopelessly stuck, but you keep at it anyway, night after night.
You vow to stop at a certain point, but find yourself whispering, "Just one more try...."
10. Eventually, you realize that it is, in the end, a game of chance. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Eventually, with enough persistence, most people will find a way out, but it all comes down to luck. There's really very little skill involved. Sometimes, you simply can't pass, despite doing everything right. Sometimes you get impossibly close, but that one tiny jelly stands in your way. And every once in a while, the stars align, and you experience the euphoria that comes with successfully beating the challenge set before you.
Just in time to start the process all over again.

You knew I was going to love this post :-)
ReplyDeleteI go to sleep seeing candies shift position. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI have never played Candy Crush before, nor do I have any intention to. Probably for the very reasons you wrote above. But from the IF point of view, I can totally relate. Love this post! =)
ReplyDeleteHI!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been here in so long ,but just seeing your header come up, my eyes welled up with tears...HAPPY, SAD, Friendship tears.
this was funny and then NOT FUNNY. because it's so true, every single level of it.
thinking of you today. Missing you too. XO
Love this post. I totally fall asleep thinking about the donuts and all exploding colors. Eee Gads. I constantly think I will quit seeing as I've been stuck on level 65 for weeks but yet try just one more time. Really, I don't think it can be possible to get past that level.
ReplyDeleteBaby on Mind has it right, don't start!
Anyway, thanks for the great post. Hope all is well.
so true! Just on more try...ha
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny. Love this post.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! And I'm so glad I haven't gotten sucked into the Candy Crush craziness!
ReplyDeleteI have never played Candy Crush and never will (games bore me) but I still LOVE this post!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I saw the header on this post, I thought, "Mel should read this!" & I see that she has. ;) Great analogy!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, so true! so true! And oddly enough, they both made me fat!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great comparison! #10 is probably the most painful realization of all.
ReplyDeleteJust found this blog- and yes, exactly you nailed it! (and I am playing Candy Crush, so excellent analog!)
ReplyDeleteJust found this blog- and yes, exactly you nailed it! (and I am playing Candy Crush, so excellent analog!)
ReplyDelete