Thursday, March 13, 2014

It's Baby Day!

I cannot quite wrap my brain around it, but it's finally here. In about an hour's time I will be checking into the hospital to be induced and will, hopefully, be meeting my son within the next 12 hours or so. 

I'm both terrified and excited, while in a suspended state of disbelief. I've just never really allowed myself to "go there," at least not in many, many, years. It's been a decade of "one step at a time" and living moment to moment, trying to just make it to the next milestone. 

The last milestone is here, friends. 

Today I'm thinking of all of you. Those who've crossed over long before me, yet stayed and supported me through it all. Those who are waiting with me, whose own special days loom within the coming weeks/months. And most especially, those of you who, like me, wonder if you will ever get the chance to parent. 

I can't make any promises. I sincerely hope your journeys end as mine (fingers crossed) will - with the fulfillment of your dreams, in whatever form that takes. 

These last nine months have been a roller coaster of emotions. Being able to carry a healthy child after three losses has helped to begin a healing process that I never thought would be possible. I try to think of everything my body has finally done right (without any input from me) as I contemplate just how in the hell this is going to work! Birth is scary, y'all. As much as we've been through to get here, I'm in uncharted territory now and I'm more than a little nervous. 

I will try to update soon, but in the meantime, I certainly would appreciate any good vibes/mojo you could send our way. 

It's time to rock n' roll! 

33 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay! That's all. You are going to do great momma. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thrilling!!! I hope it goes nice and smoothly and baby makes his appearance quickly.... can't wait for pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! I am so happy for you!
    www.mommydreaming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    Looking forward to your update when you can send it.

    Such a long time in coming. I'm so thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So happy for you. Precious boy will be SO worth the wait :) sendong happy, easy labor vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. longtime reader...never commented. Have followed you for years. I wish you, your hubby and your dear boy all the best. Hope everyone brings their A game today, especially baby boy. Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I could not be happier for you guys! Enjoy momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Can't wait for you to finally meet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sending all the good vibes!!! hope it is a wonderful and smooth day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you, Mo and baby MoJo today!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Long time reader but shy commenter... but wanted to wish you and your husband lots of happiness with your new bundle of joy. You certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck, Jo! Can't wait to hear about your baby boy's arrival. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cant wait to meet the little guy! Hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! So exciting! Hope everything goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Mo & Jo!! You guys deserve this so much and I am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so exciting! I hope that all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck! Thinking of you! All the best! Excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending you many good wishes! how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow oh wow oh wow. Sending lots of good thoughts for an easy delivery and happy first days. I can't wait to read the next post. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck today, I cant wait for you to hold your son!

    All the best! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been following you for a long while, and wanted to delurk to wish you all the best! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait for the update, congratulations, MAMA!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So thrilled for you!! You deserve all the happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope everything runs smoothly. I can't wait to read about your next journey :) Sending you good mojo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck today! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, I was thinking about you the other day, and was wondering how you are. Very exciting! Can hardly wait to hear ALL ABOUT IT! Uncharted territory alright...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here from the Roundup - this is making me cry!!! Good luck! What a wonderful day for you and your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wishing you a safe delivery and arrival of your beautiful son!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Got goose bumps reading this post!! Knowing that you are probably holding your precious baby boy right at this moment brings tears to my eyes!! Can't wait for an update. ~Denise~

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I followed a link from Stirrup Queen, and have literally spent the day reading your archives. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thinking of you and hoping the birth goes smoothly! Can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete