Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy F*#!ing Fourth!

That's what I felt like screaming out the door as Mo and Friend headed out about an hour ago (don't worry, I kept my sanity and did not do so). It's just -- well, typical.

I'm going to break my own rule, for a moment, and tell you a little story that really isn't mine to tell. I do this for background, so you can understand WHY I am so infuriated.

Mo was recently "let go" from his job. This is not a new situation; he has been released from just about every teaching job he has ever had at the end of the year. The reasons have been varied, including not keeping his certification current, taking too many days off (which he did a lot when his dad was sick), to this year's district restructuring, which resulted in the job loss of approximately 100 teachers who were on tenure-track (he would have received it this year). Anyway, I digress.

One of the reasons cited for Mo's not being invited back was that during his last evaluation, the television in his classroom was showing unauthorized TV (BET was on). Now, I know this is a stupid move on Mo's part, but hear me out. He had organized a food day for his students, something that as an ESE teacher they don't get often. He had spent a lot of his own money to feed them, cooked all day, and was given about an hour's notice of the observation. He tried to ask the AP to reschedule, but she did not. She arrived the last 15 minutes of class, and so witnessed only the "party" scene, and not any regular classroom instruction (this was the week before Finals Week).

One of Mo's biggest "beefs" (which I have listened to umpteen times this summer) was how his AP didn't even ACKNOWLEDGE all the good he was trying to do, the money and effort he spent, and instead focused on the negative.

That is exactly how I feel today. I spent over $150 on food, cooked and cleaned all day, entertained my neice, did several home improvements, waited on his grandfather, etc. etc. etc.

Instead of being acknowledged, I am "rewarded" by being ditched as he and Friend go out on the town (But, honey, it's Friend's last night in town! I never see him! It's been at least four months since we went out (not including two nights ago).

The same situation that he hated, reversed upon him. I pointed it out, too.

I called him shortly after he left, and I told him everything I just told you. I also told him that he didn't think I was serious. That he didn't really believe that I was thisclose to leaving behind the house, the pups, EVERYTHING just so that I could get some goddamned SLEEP at night and stop feeling so rejected. Because that's how I feel -- like somehow, I'm not enough. Oh, he tells me that's not true, he tells me how I am everything to him, BUT THEN HE LEAVES.

Tomorrow, I am going to break the code of silence. It's been broken before, but only when absolutely necessary. Before, it was necessary for his survival. Now, it is necessary for mine.*

I am going to tell a friend the truth, and I am going to ask her for help. I'm looking for a cheap hotel in which to spend the next few days before I head home. I've already told Mo that he and I have some serious issues to discuss when I return. He, of course, knows I'm pissed but thinks it will all have "blown over" by morning. I know he needs a wakeup call, and I hope that this will do the trick.

Because, as I told a bloggy friend when I responded to her email today, I am NOT FUCKING KIDDING ANYMORE.

-------------------------------
*Don't panic, I am not in any physical danger. Mo is an ass, but he's not a violent one.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you posted (and wrote me back). Whatever you do, make it about you, and not about him. Do what you're doing for Jo, not Mo. It's time Jo was remembered, she's been forgotten for too long. And be safe. So glad you're breaking the silence. You need some real live people in your life right now, not silence, not the secret keeping.

    OK, sorry so assvicey. I'm just really glad to hear from you. Keep updating, even if it's just a line or two, 'k?

    Lots of internet love going out to you this late night, chica. Happy effin 4th to us all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo...I can't say it any better than becomingwhole did. Take care of yourself and remember we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think you should change the locks and torch his stuff. And not leave YOUR house. But I also know you have to do what's best for you. Keep your chin up! He deserves a serious boot in the ass for this one. Especially with no job? Whose money is he spending in these drinking sprees, anyway? Ahem, I think we can all answer that in one word: Jo's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are going to break the silence Jo- but I hate that you are going to find a hotel to stay in :( Hopefully that action will show him that this is NOT going to blow over and that he better get his F-ing act together or He's going to be one lonely, BROKE man. Thinking of you today.

    P.S. I 2nd you on the Happy F-ing 4th. Mine sucked big time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are doing what's best for you. I know it's not easy and I'm proud of you. WE're hear cheering you on !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Bella said. There's definite cheering coming from my little corner of Northern California. I'm so sorry you're having to leave your house, but I hope it will give you further clarity and peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What everybody else said. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. check your email again :)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete